Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Difference Between an A and an A+

Or should I say the NOT SO difference? :( 


So, summer school grades are posted and I received an A+ in both classes. Woo hooo! It felt amazing to get my first (and second) A+ of my college career, but then it quickly dawned on me that those pluses didn't mean a thing. 


Why oh why is it that an A and an A+ both equal a 4.0 yet an A- gets you a 3.7? Booooo! 


Most professors don't do the whole plus/minus thing, but I'm still nervous about ever receiving and A- and it bringing my gpa down. I just feel that if a - hurts you, then a + should help you. Right?


Overall, I'm happy that I have a 4.0, a part of me though wishes those pluses gave me a 4.3. 

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so much like how I think. My school doesn't do plus or minus but I sort of wish they would. Last semester I got 103% but got the same grade as another girl in the class who ended with a 90%. It shouldn't matter to me but it kind of bugs me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It kind of bugs me too. I worked my butt off and got 104% in a class last semester. An A+ equaling a 4.3 would really come in handy!

    ReplyDelete